Sunday, December 31, 2017
1. Be at War with your Vices, at Peace with your Neighbours, and let every New-Year find you a better Man.––Poor Richard's Almanac December 1775
2. Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year's resolutions, and I've stuck with it ever since.––David J. Beard
3. One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things.––Author unknown
4. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions.––Arnold Glasow
5. He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.––F.M. Knowles
6. A new year is simply the turn of a calendar page––and a beautiful chance for us to turn over a new leaf.––Terri Guillemets
7. For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
8. Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.––Author unknown
9. And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.––Rainer Maria Rilke
10. While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.
––Martin Luther's Christmas carol for his little son Hans, 1535