Sunday, July 17, 2016

10 Inspiring quotes from William Makepeace Thackeray




When I walk with you I feel as if I had a flower in my buttonhole.

Bravery never goes out of fashion.

Follow your honest convictions and be strong.

To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best.

Dare and the world yields, or if it beats you sometimes, dare it again and you will succeed.

A good laugh is sunshine in the house.

Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.

The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face.

Do not be in a hurry to succeed. What would you have to live for afterwards? Better make the horizon your goal; it will always be ahead of you.

When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise.

William Makepeace Thackeray
18 July 1811-24 Dec 1863
 

No comments:

Post a Comment