Monday, February 20, 2017

Quotes for Presidents' Day

History, in general, only informs us what bad government is.--Thomas Jefferson

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.--Theodore Roosevelt

I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.--Woodrow Wilson

If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you.--Calvin Coolidge

To reach a port, we must sail--sail, not tie at anchor--sail, not drift.--Franklin D. Roosevelt

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.--Harry Truman

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.--John F. Kennedy

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.--William J. Clinton

And...
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it.--Clarence Darrow

1 comment: