Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Word play


At the grocery store the other day, I finished my portion of the shopping early and waited a few minutes in the deli for John to finish his. I have no problem keeping myself entertained in a waiting situation--I'll people-watch and make up stories about them or pull a puzzle book out of my purse and solve a syllacrostic or cryptogram. That day I decided to make up my own game--the Meijer deli has the word "Market" in big script on the wall, so I thought I'd see how many words of three or more letters I could make out of the word "market." Here's what I came up with:

3-letter words:

are, ark, arm, art, ate

ear, eat, era

mar, mat, met

ram, rat

tar, tea


4-letter words:

kart

make, maker

mare, mart

mate, mater

meat

meta

rake

rate

ream

take, taker

tame, tamer

tare

teak, team, tear

term

tram


Later, I saw that I missed "mark" (somehow) and "trek."

Do you make up games to entertain yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment